Friday 4 November 2011

Brisbane!!

So this small town Texas girl landed in Brisbane, Australia at 2am on a Saturday morning. After messaging mom to let her know I'd arrived safely, I got some sleep. Had the next 4 days to recuperate :) Spent Saturday getting to know Alex, Alicia, and the twins, Ewan and Angus. Ewey and Gussy are so cute and your average 3.5yr old nudist, ha ha. They're up anywhere between 5:30 amd 7:30am, but thank goodness Alex takes care of the boys in the early morning. I start work around 9:30am and go to 4:30ish pm. I only work 2 days a week right now, will be 3 soon since they'll cut the boys back to 2 days a week at day care. Also the occasional weekend because Alex and Alicia are photographers. Got a sports package added to the satellite just for me and a box in my room :) They were recently given an extra car which I will soon learn to drive. Look out Brisbane, Sara is learning to drive stick shift with her left hand on the left side of the road!! But still sitting on the right side of the car :/ ha ha. I love this place. We are currently in Spring, but Summer is creeping up soon. I'll have my 23rd birthday party in the Summer seat of Australia :D


Sunday was spent hitting the mall in the morning with Alicia, going to the city beach with the family, street market and to Mt. Coot-tha lookout point. McDonalds and on home. Went to the market with Alex for a quick shop so they could go to a friend's house warming party. The boys were so good and were asleep before 10pm.

Monday was another lazy day since the boys are in day care Mon, Tues and Fri. Helped Alicia clean the house and move the rooms around. We need to find the Go card (transport card) and the phone SIM card so I can keep my iPhone. Both boys napped which is apparently odd. Gussy is still a bit sick. Went out that night and saw Sarah for the first time in a month.

Tuesday was another lazy day.

Wednesday was my first day with the boys. I think they spent the entire day nude, ha ha. Played outside a lot and with their toys. Watched some tv trying to get the boys to nap.

Thursday the boys were better, but Gussy screamed for an hour because he didn't get to go to the McDonalds playground. Instead they got ice cream. Kinda think he had that tantrum backwards, ha ha. Skyped with mom.

Friday off. Slept late :) Met Casey and Ashley, Alicia's older boys who live with their father. Internet out :( Went out with Sarah again shopping. Planned more of the year and our Sydney trip. Also planning New Zealand to visit Gretta and either Fiji or Thailand. Also seriously considering moving to China to teach English next year :) Got things planned for the next year part way. Got my first pair of true Australian 'thongs': Havaianas. Skyped with mom again now that the internet is back. Can't sleep. I really can't do this sleep late thing again :(

    

No comments:

Post a Comment