Friday 4 November 2011

Meet the kids Sept 20

Due to jet lag, I woke up at 4:30am and was able to unpack everything and get it organized before anyone even woke up. The night before I was told that Germans keep their drinks on their balconies since it's so cold, so I decided to go get a bottle of water. Don't think it was my best idea. I seem to have forgotten that Yasmina had mentioned that the apartment building was built in 1853 and the floors were REALLY creaky. Felt like I was going to wake up the entire building. Spent the next couple of hours watching The Nanny in German... very weird.

Sunny woke up around 7:30am my first morning for his bottle, Sarah and I played with Sunny until it was time to wake Sam up 8am. Sarah wanted to play a joke on Sam by pretending to be 'the new' Sara, too bad Sam didn't fall for it, ha ha. After Yasmina took Sam off to daycare, Sarah and I took Sunny on the bus to the mall where we wondered around for a few hours before it was time to head back for Sunny's nap at 2pm. It was so odd putting Sunny down for a nap (and myself) when everyone in the states was just waking up. Being 7 hours ahead is an odd feeling. I mostly went to take a nap myself so I didn't have to listen to Yasmina complaining about Thomas not calling yet. She believed it was because she ran up a HUGE credit card bill when she went to New York the month before. I'd say probably so.

**Definitely need a thicker jacket :/

Thomas showed up later that day around the time Yasmina's best friend Christina (Tini) showed up with her two kids, 2 yr old Mia and 7 week old Unos. According to German, I need to slow down my speaking. Yasmina could have found a nicer way of informing me of this :( I honestly believe that my speaking is pretty slow being from the south. As a southerner, my drawl is slower. How can they not understand me? Then again, English is their 2nd language.

Kim, Thomas' oldest kid, came over for dinner and to watch the soccer game. Not sure why he had to come over for that when he has his own apartment. He looks exactly like Thomas it's scary. I wasn't able to speak most of the time because everyone was only speaking dinner. I really need to pick up this language and fast. Afterwards, Sarah, Yasmina and I cleaned up and put things away. Guess I will have to do daily chores myself. Sarah also helped the kids brush their teeth and get them ready for bed/reading time. The kids are so cute. Seems as though Sunny works with me more on getting into his pjs than anyone else, ha ha.

At this point, definitely time for a shower and bed. First subway ride tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment