Friday 4 November 2011

Down hill and back up again.

Sarah left October 4th, I believe. My life streadily went down hill from then on. Yasmina and Thomas must have believed that I was completely ignorant of the German language. I could tell they were talking about me. It was horrible. One day when I asked to get paid, it was past due already, Thomas said I only cared about money and that I didn't care about the kids. What a horrible thing to say to someone you know nothing about!! Ugh, I was so shocked I didn't know how to respond. He's usually a quiet and calm man. Yasmina took off for a shoot in Berlin and left without paying me :(

That was the last straw. I found an awesome family in Brisbane to take me, but almost lost them to a French girl who started messing with them. I just needed to save up to get my ticket and I could leave. Thanks to my best friend and savior, Chris, I booked my flight and left 2 days later. The hardest part was informing Yasmina and Thomas I was leaving. They called me many horrible things and I won't repeat them on here, but I can tell you that they are major hypocrites who need a nanny or a nurse maid instead of an au pair, but are too lazy to pay for it. They also need to spend more time with their kids so they'll act better.

I never actually told Yasmina and Thomas what time I was leaving, but I was out of the house by 7:11am. Carried a 30kg (66.14lbs) bag and a 12kg (26.6lbs) carry on down 3 flight of stairs down to the curb just as the taxi was pulling in. It took a 4 hour train ride to get to Frankfurt so I could be 3 hours early to check in for my flight and do some shopping. Oh how wrong I was. There was a bomb threat when I got there.


They finally let us through when I only had 20 minutes left to get to check in. After waiting for the terminal bus and running, I made it with 5 minutes left. Word of Warning!! Apparently in Europe, they also weigh your carry on bag. I was 4kg (8.8lbs) over and had to pay 200euroes :'( Next came running towards security, which took forever to even get through. I must look like an evil person, because every time I'm in the security line, going anywhere domestic or international, I am always pulled out to be searched. Apparently my Nook registerss as an iPad on a security belt scanner. They needed to check it for bomb residue. Ugh, only 5 minutes left to catch plane. Ended up literally running through the gate with my boarding pass in hand at 3:20pm

The pain didn't stop there. A 14hr flight from Frankfurt to Dubai consisting of sitting in seat E on a 777-300ER. I was in the middle section of the plane between a man who snored and a kicking, screaming, biting, hiting 2 year old and his mother. All that for a 14hr flight. Also never ordering lactose free meals again. So sick of fish and disgusting meals.

Finally landed in Dubai at 11:35pm, another security check. Starbucks and a 2.5hr wait in peace. Spoke to mom, dad and grandparents while waiting. Dubai to Singapore was pretty peaceful except for the Russian couple next to me drinking non-stop. Landed in Singapore at 2pm I think, and another security check. Singapore to Brisbane was a good trip. Small nap and spoke to the couple next to me who were from Brisbane. Nice couple. Spent the last leg of my flights watching Disney movies non-stop :)

Landed in Brisbane 20 minutes late (left Singaporer 20 minutes late), took forever to get to passport control and baggage claim. I swear they were the last to even come off the plane. Customs (another security check) and I was out by 2am!! Alicia was waiting with a sign.

Driving on the left side of the road is definitely a new experience. Can't wait til I'm actually the driver :)

No comments:

Post a Comment